Catawba students wanting to venture off campus for food have just a short walk or drive to Salisbury's many restaurants, coffee shops, bakeries, and more. Depending what you're in the mood for, enjoy a burrito on the rooftop at Go Burrito, sink your teeth into a delicious cupcake at Abigail's bakery, or sip on Salisbury's own Cheerwine soft drink while enjoying a famous hot dog from Hap's Grill. And that's just the start of the long list of choices we have in Salisbury.View Places to Eat
Life in Salisbury
Catawba College is located in historic Salisbury, nestled in the beautiful Piedmont region of North Carolina. Downtown Salisbury and Rowan County host many diverse events, where you can enjoy live music, food trucks, and amusement activities at the College Night Out or First Friday events held throughout the year. Or, head on down to Lee Street Theatre to watch friends perform in a theatre performance.
No matter your taste in food or your interests in pastimes, there is something for every Catawba student in Salisbury.
Catawba students have access to some of the best opportunities to volunteer and serve both on campus and off campus in the local Salisbury-Rowan community and beyond. Whether it is getting involved in campus initiatives, volunteering at the local food pantry, or conducting a donation drive for the local animal shelters, there are plenty of ways to make a difference! And there are even more opportunities with just a little bit longer of a drive from campus.More about Volunteering
Location really is everything! The Catawba College campus is located just a short driving distance of many points of interest, including:
- CONCORD (30 MIN) - Revel in the roar of a NASCAR event at Charlotte Motor Speedway or shop one of the region's biggest outlet malls at Concord Mills.
- CHARLOTTE (45 MIN) - Cheer on the Carolina Panthers or chill out with friends enjoying live music at NC Music Factory.
- MOUNTAINS (2 HR) - Hike the Blue Ridge Parkway or ski and snowboard in the mountains
- COAST (3.5 HR) - Walk the beautiful beaches that are less than four hours away
- RALEIGH (2 HR) - Visit the state capitol