Skip to main content
Login to CatLink
Future Students

Apply online or check the status of your Admissions application:

Admission Portal

Scholarships & Financial Aid

Graduate students must be enrolled in at least six credit hours to qualify for financial assistance. Graduate students in need of assistance to meet their educational expenses should apply to the Financial Aid Office. All aid from the Financial Assistance Office is based upon a student's financial need, which is the difference between reasonable costs of attendance and the student's available resources. Financial assistance to graduate students is most often in the form of loans.

In order to apply for a federal loan, a graduate student must first complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The Student Aid Report (SAR) should be specified to be sent to Catawba College (Code 2914). Once the Office of Financial Assistance has received the SAR, the staff will be able to provide assistance in the federal loan process.

The Lillian C. Peeler Scholarship was established for graduate students. This scholarship is awarded on the basis of the student's contributions to the education profession. Since financial assistance is limited for graduate students, applicants are encouraged to seek scholarships and aid through outside sources. Students are encouraged to contact websites such as or for assistance in locating outside scholarship and loan resources.

In addition to the FAFSA, all financial aid applicants who have attended colleges or universities other than Catawba College must submit a Financial Aid Transcript (FAT) for each school previously attended. Copies of the form may be obtained from the Financial Assistance Office.

Requests for financial aid will be considered only after the SAR and FAT(s) have been received by the Financial Assistance Office.

An award decision cannot be made until an applicant has been admitted to the graduate program, so the student should complete the admission procedure as early as possible.