Welcome to Career Services
*Catawba follows the National Association of
Colleges & Employers (NACE) reporting protocols.
Our office serves Catawba students in their individual career development — getting them ready for “life after Catawba.” We assist with all phases — from making "major" decisions, to how to write a resume, to experiential learning opportunities.
So no matter what phase you find yourself in, we are here to help! We serve as a resource for students with:
- Resumes - Creating resumes, cover letters, thank you letters, and help with personal statements for grad school applications.
- Interviews - real-world experience with the interview process through mock interviews (offered each semester).
- Career guidance - providing career guidance tools and support while you explore career paths based on your values, skills and personality.
- Expert advice on dressing for success, business etiquette tips, social media do's and dont's, networking, branding, and more.
- Recruiting events that bring recruiters from industry and graduate schools to meet with students on campus.
- Connecting with the business community to help develop internships and job shadowing opportunities
- Graduate School Preparation by assisting writing successful letters of intent
- Job search assistance by providing helpful resources and tools for the process.
- Special Events, such as career fairs, grad school fairs and forums, summer job/camp fairs, corporate recruiters on campus, and the manners matter dinner.
Focus 2: Online Career Guidance System: Focus 2 is a self-paced, online career and education planning system that helps college students explore career paths based on their values, skills, and personality.
According to a survey of 2017 graduates, 96% were employed or enrolled in graduate school within 12 months following graduation. (Catawba College follows the National Association of Colleges and Employers First Destination Reporting Protocols to achieve this 74% knowledge rate.)
- 78% of graduates are employed
- 18% of graduates are enrolled in graduate school
- Our graduates are attending graduate school at institutions such as Elon University School of Law, North Carolina State University, UNC-Charlotte, University of Georgia, and University of South Carolina.
- Our graduates are employed by companies such as Ernst & Young, Lowes Corporate Headquarters, Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center, The Walt Disney Company, and the State of North Carolina, Office of the Lt. Governor.